You will find bellow a succinct information about some of the essential steps you should take to ensure that you offer a great site to the world.
- Buy a domain name. Try to choose a name that easily suggests people the type of your business. You can even use hyphens in the name if you want, the search engines will not penalize you for doing that. Say you want to offer supplements for pets for sale on your site. Your first choice would be , but the registrar tells you that this name is already taken. Therefore you can try to register and find it available. Some people find hyphens very useful because the name becomes easily read. I recommend you to check out a good domain registrar with affordable prices and who offers coupons that you can redeem to get discounts when you buy a new domain name from them.
- Find a reliable web host. Many offer web hosting, but I found out that many times they tend to be overpriced. Even the registrar of your domain name can offer packages including web hosting, but don't sign up until you had searched all the available options. Find a great web hosting company which offers the best price for what you get and start by buying the cheapest package; if your business expands and you reach your traffic quota, simply upgrade to the next package offered by the web hosting company. Do not forget to check for coupons and use them when you purchase the package that suits your needs.
- Design a great website yourself or with the help of professionals. The first impression your customers get is the most powerful and may decide their coming back to your site or not. Do not stuff it up from the beginning.
- Who represents your business? People like to do business with people. If you personalize your website by adding your photo to the contact page, it will not hurt anybody, on the contrary, you give a face to your business and this will give more confidence to the visitors to deal with you.
- Create good About Us, Contact Us and Terms of Service pages. These kind of pages are very important for your business. Take the time to create easy to understand content for them and display the contact options for your customers, such as your phone number, a fax number, email or ticket system, you name it. Such information should give you enough reasons to feel confident in your ability of creating a good website without having to spend a fortune. If your business idea or product is great and you present it to the world from a tidy website, your endeavors will be re-paid with the money that you deserve.